Friday, June 22, 2012

2003: Bud Light Spec Commercials



Date of Creation: 2003

Synopsis: Spec commercials for the Bud Light "It's all Here" campaign.

A Brief History: A project for an advanced cinematography class (I think), roommate and fellow classmate William Jennings and myself decided to do something a little more interesting and useful than photographing trees with the few rolls of super 16 that were handed out to us. So we made a couple of terrible spec commercials.

The main problem with these is mostly that they're 5 and 15 seconds too long, respectively, hence they are ineffective as commercials because you can't buy ad time for 35 seconds.

They did give birth to the catchphrase "Best birthday ERRVER!" though, so I suppose something good did come of them.

There was actually a third one we shot in a bar, but it was pretty awful and I can't seem to find it so. Ah well. It had an irish bartender and a talking beer bottle, if I remember correctly.

Critical Analysis: I actually quite like the alien abduction one. I think if we reshot either of these today they would turn out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment