Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2001: Grade B Bacon


Date of Creation: 2001

Synopsis: An unlikely partnership forms when two strip mall security guards find themselves at the center of a vast money laundering conspiracy.

A Brief History: I don't exactly remember what this was even for; it might've just been for fun. We had a golf cart at our disposal, might as well use it. Either way, it was created a LONG time before Paul Blart: Mall Cop, so that Kevin James dick totally ripped us off.

We filmed the whole thing in a strip mall on Droste, without permission of course. It was our first experiment with camera mounts, rigging our XL1S to the golf cart frame with C-stand arms and cartellinis.

Myers Heritage plays the mustachioed Vinny, the seasoned private security veteran, and Brian Sturgill is Charles, or Char Daddy, the rookie with something to prove. Supporting cast is Rory Sherony as the thief, with probably the most fantastic wig I've ever seen on a man, and myself as the (mexican?) drug lord running things behind the scenes.

critical analysis: I had completely forgotten we even made this until I came across it the other day, and I'm glad I did. It's pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment